Transforming Lives by making disciples who think feel & act like Jesus!
WHAT IS DISCIPLE BUILDING?
Disciple building is a biblical imperative, a primary task for the Church (see Matthew 28:19-20).
It is the process by which mature believers, in cooperation with God’s Spirit, assist younger believers as they progress in their faith toward Christlike maturity, intimacy with God and good works. The goal of disciple building is maturity that glorifies God.
“We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete (mature) in Christ.” (Colossians 1:28)
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all peoples, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matt. 28:19-20)
Extensive research, coupled with decades of disciple building experience, has enabled WDA to help modern disciple builders design and implement a culture of discipleship based on the pattern Jesus used in Scripture to build the Church.
More than just a program, Christ’s approach to becoming a Disciple Building Church is about:
- Life-on-life discipleship
- Equipping the saints for ministry and discipleship
- Breaking down strongholds that prohibit growth
- Teaching people to obey everything Christ has commanded (see Matt. 28:20)
- Building disciples who build disciples
- Cultivating a healthy, safe, and mature environment where growth never stops taking place
First, Stop and Consider our Approach
If you are interested in having your church become a Disciple Building Church, we highly recommend that you first read Disciple Building: A Biblical Framework, by Bob Dukes.
The 28/20® Project is an initiative to help churches and disciple builders employ all of the approaches, content, and material they need to fulfill the whole of the Great Commission, as modeled by Christ.
4 Ministry Platforms
designed for every phase of spiritual growth
Providing a plan for new leaders who want to minister to others
- Featured course includes Developing New Leaders: Phase IVA.
- Students learn in Cohorts and Independent study with a mentor
- Courses are available individually and with certification.
- Available for self study, in cohort groups and as a high level overview
- Pastors and Ministry leaders can utilize the Institute to develop a leadership development ministry.
Contact us today for more information!
While you can start right away, we are available to answer any questions.
Life Coach, Mentoring & Church
Sean has joined our WDA staff and offers life time of disciple building experience. Learn how Churches can build disciples!
Campus Ministry Director
Everette offers key experience in launching and building ministry to the Next Generation. Learn how to Build on Campus.
Nate brings experience in training leaders all over the world to help you and your team. Learn how you can help in training worldwide.